Spring is finally here, a time when the natural environment comes alive again. The seasonal shift into spring is symbolic of rebirth and renewal. It’s a great time to check in, plant new intentions, and nurture their growth. Focus on your well-being this season by taking some active steps to refresh your mind, body and spirit.
Here are ten ways to breathe some fresh springtime air into your life.
1. Get Some Fresh Air – After being stuck inside during the cold, icy winter months getting outside is one of the best ways to feel refreshed. Welcome the sunshine and springtime air by taking a walk outside a few times a week. Not only will this help clear your mind and make you feel more energized, it will also aid in shedding any unwanted pounds we all put on during the cold winter months. Use your senses to enjoy the outdoor environ- ment smell the blooming flowers, hear the returning birds, and feel the warmth of the sun.
2. Detox & Cleanse – The cars we drive, the pollution in the air, and even some of the technology we use can create toxins that enter our bodies. Spring is the perfect time to eliminate negative chemicals from your body. Try doing the simple things you know are good like eating more fresh fruits and vegetable, drink more water, and maybe try making your own juice.
3. Practice Meditation – Taking time to listen quietly to the needs of your mind, body and soul will help you become rejuvenated in all three. Meditation is a personal thing, no two peoples practice looks the same so find what works for you. If you can meditate in the outdoors even better!
4. Learn New Ways to Relieve Stress – One of the most dangerous things for your body is stress. This spring try to learn some Yoga. Yoga has been found to reduce stress within minutes and has been used for thousands of years because of its many benefits to the body and mind.
5. Laugh More – Laughter is an all-natural super stress reducer. The winter months can sometimes make us feel gloomy. Finding ways to laugh can bring you right out of that winter funk! Go see a comedy show, watch some funny movies or listen to an amusing podcast.
6. Refresh Your Morning Routine – A grounding routine can set the tone for your day, so try swapping the phone-scrolling with something more mindful. Instead of prioritizing the need to check the news, social media or notifications first thing in the morning, take a few grounding moments for personal growth like a quick meditation or breath work exercise.
7. Improve Your Sleep Patterns – Proper sleep is essential to fight off negative signs of aging and can even help prevent major illnesses down the road. Keep your bedroom environment quiet, dark and at a comfortable temperature. Having a regular bedtime and wake-up time is another good sleep habit. Try writing out a to-do list for the next day so you no longer have to think about those things. Play some relaxing ambient music or use some essential oils to set you in the right mind set and get some much needed rest.
8. Increase Endorphin Levels – Endorphins are chemicals in your brain that make you feel good. They are used by the body to suppress pain, and give you a euphoric feeling that you can push through anything. A great way to increase your levels of endorphins is to get some exercise. If you are just starting out go easy and take a ten minute walk. You can work your way up to more time exercising and increased intensity.
9. Plant Something New – If you want your garden to flourish you make sure it’s planted in nutrient-rich soil and placed in a spot with just the right amount of sunlight, warmth, and water. This same principle applies to you too! You will blossom when you’re doing the things that make you feel happy and fulfilled. As the days get long take this opportunity to sign up for that pottery class you’ve been dying to try or attend new yoga session, do what feeds your spirit.
10. Show Gratitude – There are some many things you can do to feel good this spring try giving back, volunteering and showing appreciation to others can improve your physical, mental and spiritual outlook. Try to compliment at least one person each day, show appreciation to a cashier, wave to your neighbors walking their dogs or the postal carrier that brings your mail every day. Act with kindness giving good vibes to those around you and you in turn will feel great too!