I’ve seen clients, friends, and family’s personal transformations take place for so many years but during this time of COVID the transformations have been abound and profound. Though transformations can be an exciting and positive time it can also off-put those around you when the transformation is quick or drastic. This can lead to a challenging time in your life if they don’t get-it or understand it.
Those around you may start to question your decisions and thought process making you feel disheartened or discouraged. It may even make you start to feel alone. Below, I have offered some advice to help you get those around you on-board with your transformation in a positive way for everyone. First, remember, your loved ones are concerned because they are coming from a place of love for you. It is very important for the line of communication to stay open throughout the process. You cannot expect them to accept and understand your transformation without consistent open conversation.
1) SHARE! Share with your loved ones what you are trying to create or what you are trying to transform. Your excitement and enthusiasm will get them excited for you. By sharing you are giving them insight into the positive effects your transformation has on you.
2) ASK! Request feedback from your loved ones on how they perceive your transformation is going. Perhaps you solicit for their help in your transformation. Loved ones feel as sense of participation in your happiness ultimately empowering them.
3) RECIROPCATE! Ask your loved one what their dreams are regarding a transformation. Perhaps there are old habits they would like to leave behind, finally. Support them in their life vision.
4) GRATITUDE! Practicing and showing continuous gratitude to your loved one and your transformation is such a positive approach to your new path for everyone. It authenticates the process. You are showing deep gratitude to your friends and love for their support and understanding.
5) LIKE YOU! Surround yourself with like-minded people that also assist you in the positive transformation you are experiencing. Being around like-minded people can e mpower us with validation and also provide us with their experience
Become a master of your own communication openly and honestly with kindness.
These techniques will help you to transform
your life and potentially transform those around you in a positive way. By positively transforming, your loved ones will be so happy for you that there should be no issue or conflict.
If your loved ones still aren’t on board after incorporating
these techniques, you might need to focus on your own joy.
Your transformation should be positive for you and those around you. There should be no need for confrontation, start forgiving.
In love and positivity, Allison